Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Recap

Sadly it's Monday again. Back to the real world. 

Me and the real world are not the best of friends. I still find it difficult to get myself out of bed in the morning and convince myself to go to work. 
Its days like this when I wake up nauseous I know my struggle with CVS isn't over. 
I may not let it get to the point of actual vomiting but the nausea is still enough for me. 
I'm done with it and I'm ready for it to be over with. 
Will it ever be over or will I live like this the rest of my life? 

Something doctors have never been able to answer me. 


ANNNNNYWAAAAYS... 

My weekend was fantastic! Although it rained both full days that we were at the cottage there's something so relaxing and peaceful about hearing the rain hit the lake!



It was a successful girls weekend!! There was wine! Cheese plates! and more wine! 
I honestly couldn't have asked for a more relaxing time!! 


The drive up Thursday night was fast! Thankfully there wasn't much traffic because a 3 hour car ride can easily turn into a 6 hour really quick! 

Friday morning at least there was some sun for about 3 hours so I got to sit on the dock drink my coffee and eventually move onto to beer! We sat there for awhile talked, read cosmos and just enjoyed each others company! What else could a girl want?!


I was a history major in University and have always loved shows that take place in older time periods and this weekend my roommates mom showed me Outlander! And I quickly became obsessed!! 
I made them watch 5 episodes! So once it started raining we headed inside and enjoyed a good binge session! Seriously my roommates mom is the best! I just love her!!
 Later I showed her Chicago Fire and she returned the favour! (Not that I minded in the slightest!! I LOVE me some Severide!)


before the rain!


Saturday it was raining for the moment I woke up until the moment I went to bed! It was impossible to get pictures of anything because it was downpour! The lake was empty and I was getting wet sitting underneath the open window! Not that I minded the air smelled so fresh!!
So I settled for taking a million and one selfies! Don't worry I'll only show you a couple!



Sunday we drove back the 3 hours but of course it was the only day that we were there that had sun! So we stayed as long as we could until the dreaded drive back to reality. I got to try the pano and got this sweet photo from the dock! 


Isn't it breath-taking?! 

The sun was so warm that day I actually got to go into the lake for a bit! I was thankful it was warm because I'm a baby when it goes to cold water! I'm not the biggest fan! Someone point me to the nearest heated pool! Because that's where I'll be! 



I laid on the dock, read my book and enjoyed my last day before heading back to work!

Side note, I think I may be a distant relative of Elvis because I have been smiling with half of my mouth for as long as I remember! 
Next time I visit my mom I'll do a old school photos post and you'll see what I'm talking about! It became a family joke quickly! 

Once we got back home this little guy was super excited to see his Moms! He missed us while we were away! I needed a break from his excessive meowing so it was nice, but I will forever miss this cute little face whenever he's not around! 
#crazycatlady #andidontcare 



Well that was my weekend!! It was great and now I must go back to work, back to the real world. Somewhere I truly truly do not want to be! 

If you guys wanted to follow me a little more closely give me a follow on the gram! 
Sorry I don't tweet or use Facebook or anything like that! I'm more of a picture gal and my Instagram will show that! 


With lots of love, 
Samantha 


No comments:

Post a Comment