Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Transformation Tuesday

Hello blogger world! 

Hopefully your Mondays weren't too bad! Mine was pretty good! Long but pretty good! I've always understood why Garfield hated Mondays! That cat knows it all.. I'm serious! 
LOL! 





In my previous posts I've talked about how CVS has made me loose 100 pounds! It's not always the nicest way to loose weight, but I've been able to maintain this weight for over a year so for that I'm thankful!! And proud!! 

As a child I always had weight issues. My mom and my two younger sisters have always been stick figures and as a child I had curves from the moment I hit puberty. Now I love my curves, but then I didn't see the value in them. I was made fun of for my weight, and for my larger then life boobs! (Some of which was due to the weight) 
They truly had a mind of their own! They need their own area code.. 

My second year of University during Reading Week

Boys never wanted to talk to me, and girls were always just plain mean! Bullying is never the answer and will cause serious damage in peoples lives!! It took me until I graduated high school and got away from those people that I really started accepting myself for who I was. 

On the left was me about 5-6 years ago and the right was at the beginning of July at my cousins wedding! 


I always struggled with my weight as a child and as a teenager! I never fit in anywhere, couldn't find clothes that fit me properly and was always sitting at home stuffing my face with potato chips! It was a sad life! Once I moved out and started buying my own food I stopped buying snacks and only had enough food for myself for the weekly meals. It worked and in my first year outside of the house I lost roughly 20 pounds. But that wasn't enough. 
I never stepped on a scale when I was bigger. I was afraid of what it was going to say. But after I got CVS I dropped down to 132 pounds! Which may seem like a healthy weight, but honestly on me it didn't look healthy. I looked sick! You could tell I had lost the remaining of the weight by vomiting. I looked like a different person and the people I went to high school with passed me on the streets without even knowing who I was. 
After I got my vomiting under control I started gaining the weight back. My problem is I'm a food lover! I don't get diets, I suck at diets! I love the taste of food. Diets aren't for everyone and they really aren't for me!

I got really unhappy about the weight gain! I loved how much attention I was getting for now being skinny and looking good. I loved when people said that to me. No one had ever told me how good I was looking lately and I craved it! 

My roommate saw a WagJag for a local 5k with Run or Dye and signed us up! It was going to be fun and I started looking forward to it. We were stupid and didn't train at all and had friends over the evening before and drank maybe a little bit too much wine for having to go for a run at 7:30 in the morning. 
After having to cab down the street because we were running late we made it and we ran our hearts out! We did our 5k in a little over 35 minutes! Which is amazing now being a runner. I can't get my time that good today!! Mostly because I now run on a treadmill and my speed is kept for me and let me tell you I DIED during that 5k many a times because I was running too fast! 
But we did and we loved it!! 





From this day I started running. I left that day feeling AMAZING! I didn't realize how much running could help my anxiety. Yes my doctor told me time and time again that it helped but WOW! I was amazed at the results!! 
I joined a gym and started running!! I lost more weight and started gaining muscle! I started looking healthy again! Yes I gained some weight because of the muscle but that's okay! I'm not a stick and nor do I want to be. I'm now at a healthy weight and I exercise regularly. 

I still love my food and I still do not diet! I eat fast food... a lot.. and when I do cook its mostly carbs but I don't care. That's why I go to the gym! 

This next year I'm going to be doing a Tough Mudder!!! I'm so excited for spring to come so there's lots of mud!! The harder the better! 
I never used to see myself wanting to do things like this and laughed at the people who did, but seriously it was the best decision I ever made running that 5k! And I'll never look back. 


With lots of love, 
Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment